Library Card Policies and Lending Periods
- There is a 50¢ charge for a library card.
- Requires photo I.D. & verification of current address, which may include a utility bill postmarked within the last thirty days, a lease rental agreement or rent receipt showing the address (dated within last thirty days), a current post office box receipt, or mail that has been sent to you at your current address (postmarked within thirty days)
- Card holder and/or guardian is responsible for all materials borrowed on his/her card, obey all policies of the library, and pay any fines or damages
- Parent/Guardian must sign for applicants under the age of 18
- Must present library card to use public Internet computers and to borrow library materials
- Must provide prompt notice of loss of card or change of address
library materials collections – Length of Loan
- Books...14 days
- Audio Books...14 days
- CDs...7 days
- Magazines...7 days
- DVDs...7 days
- Playaway Launchpads...7 days
- Sensory Backpacks...7 days
- Patrons may place a hold request by accessing the library’s on-line catalog using their barcode and PIN
- A patron will be charged full replacement cost for any borrowed material that is lost or returned damaged beyond repair.
- Borrowing and computer privileges will be suspended if a patron has outstanding fines of $1.00 or more.
- Overdue fees are no longer charged for MOST items. Fines will accumulate until the item is returned. Borrowers will be charged replacement cost for lost or damaged items.
- The loan period for the Launchpad is seven (7) days with no grace period or renewals and a late fee of $1.00 per day.
- The borrower acknowledges that the replacement costs for the Launchpad tablets range from $100.00 to $200.00, depending on the tablet, with the replacement cost for kit accessories and cases ranging from $5.00 to $50.00.